A little about the role:
- Analyse, compare, summarize and understand our overall purchasing situation.
- Create and manage PO requirements, supplier returns and credits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic preferred suppliers.
- Participate in contract negotiations, pre-qualify suppliers and contract management.
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers to ensure we are effectively getting the best value.
- Review and check invoices and purchase orders for accuracy.
- Coordinate and participate in the formulation of inventory level strategy and forecasting.
- Enter and track inventory in Navision to keep pricing and SKU’s up to date.
- Contract administration, contract management support and monitoring.
- Establish cost saving opportunities and track progress through monthly reporting.
- Initiate and manage RFQ/RFP process.
- Buyers’ guide creation and updating.
- Coordination of all product level forecasting purchasing efforts with Inventory Manager and Purchasing Manager.
- PO placement for materials and services associated with General Administration requirements.
A little about you:
- Five (5) years direct related experience as a Buyer and Supply Chain Management including contract negotiation.
- SCMP certificate or equivalent, diploma in Business Administration with a focus on Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- You are an energetic and self motivated professional that enjoys making a difference.
- You can make independent decisions and sound recommendations for purchasing.
- You have experience working effectively in a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphases on accountability for quality, customer service levels, inventory management and cost reduction.
- You have excellent communication skills and experience with Microsoft NAV, Microsoft Suite, E-Commerce.
- Previous experience in retail or the beauty products industry is an asset.
- Experience in developing performance measurements.
- You have a high level of integrity and the ability to make business and the people around you operate at their highest potential.
A little about Us:
We believe that great employees deserve great benefits.
- Chatters employee benefit offerings include things like discounted products and services, medical and dental, employer RRSP contributions and endless opportunities to learn and grow.
If you’re someone who is looking for a unique opportunity in fast-paced environment where you are able to showcase your mad buying skills, please apply directly to this posting.
Feel free to check out our website to learn more about us at www.chatters.ca