A little about the Role:
- Direct and manage financial reporting ensuring IFRS compliance.
- Oversee the accounting and administrative functions including complex intercompany transfers, taxation, and transactional accounting
- Manage all aspects of accounting, including review monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee and manage the annual audit.
- Assist in the gathering of materials for the annual tax filings.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Perform detailed analysis of operating results.
- Analyze and make recommendations for areas of cost efficiency and improvement.
- Work with other divisional controllers and senior accountants and foster a cooperative and collaborative environment amongst the divisions.
- Prepare all financial monthly, quarterly and year end statements and related MDA.
- Prepare quarterly covenant compliance packages.
- Oversee treasury function and effectively managing working capital.
- Execute all financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting and ad hoc reporting as required to assist in decision making and anticipating trends.
A little about your Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation
- 3-5 years direct related experience in a Corporate Controller role.
- Proven ability to develop accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience in financial reporting, creating financial statements and financial analytics.
- Experience in Microsoft Navision ERP is desired.
- Experience in the retail industry would be considered an asset.
- You are an energetic and self motivated business professional that enjoys making a difference.
- A keen business sense, you enjoy analytics and seeing the results of your decisions.
- You have superior communication and interpersonal skills and have experience with accounting systems and MS Office.
- You have a high level of integrity and ability to make the people around you operate at their highest potential.
- Detail oriented, organized with strong time management skills.
A little about us:
Chatters isn’t your average salon chain.
We’re a unique blend of the best in Retail and Services, 100% Canadian-owned and operated based in Alberta with more than 108 locations coast to coast (and more to come).
We believe that great employees deserve great benefits.
Chatters benefit offerings include things like discounted products and services, medical and dental and employer RRSP contributions.
If you’re someone who is looking for a unique opportunity in fast-paced environment where you are able to showcase your business acumen, please apply directly to this posting.
Check out our website to learn more about us at www.chatters.ca