Then we are looking for you!
Reporting directly to the VP of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Assess and develop overall purchasing key performance measurements.
- Map out, deliver and execute an overall purchasing strategy plan in line with Chatters warehouse and operations directives.
- Liaise, develop and maintain relationships with current suppliers and manufacturers ensuring the most competitive pricing and overall best value.
- Effectively manage, negotiate and deliver on all purchasing initiatives to reduce costs and increase effectiveness.
- Monitor, assess and manage material costs and inventory.
- Perform cost analysis, forecast market conditions and make recommendations on purchasing strategies.
- Work directly with all departments to ensure purchasing objectives are met.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and provide feedback and reporting as required.
A Little About You and Your Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration.
- SCMP designation would be an asset with at least 2-5 years direct related experience as a Purchasing Manager.
- Supply Chain Management, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, Cost Control and Retail Background.
- Extensive experience in relationship development and change management.
- Proven ability to develop process mapping and writing policy and procedures.
- You are an energetic and self motivated professional that enjoys making a difference.
- A keen business sense, you enjoy analytics and seeing the results of your decisions.
- You have excellent communication skills and experience with ERP control systems and MS Office.
- You have a high level of integrity and the ability to make business and the people around you operate at their highest potential.
A little about us:
We believe that great employees deserve great benefits.
- Chatters employee benefit offerings include things like discounted products and services, medical and dental, employer RRSP contributions and ongoing opportunities to learn and grow.
If you’re someone who is looking for a fun and fast-paced environment where you are not afraid of a little hard work and exploring the unknown, please apply directly to this posting.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about us at www.chatters.ca.